SOF - Work Schedule
- 12: Collate drawings / design submissions…
- 16: Jason Hird returns to UK.
- 18 - 20: Gather materials, models, samples and ideas that have been worked upon since January...
- 21 - 30: Intensive development period with collaborators at
Theatre in the Mill.
- 1 - 3: Performance presentation of R&D at Theatre in the Mill.
- 5-15: Outdoor participatory performance research in Wakefield… (and a 2 day open research exploration at YDC during the 5 - 15 July period).
- 16: Evaluation Meeting:
- 17: Jason Hird returns to Australia.
FURTHER DETAIL / QUESTIONS:
This first phase of the project is very much a research & development period. Every day will see a further accumulation of ideas, information, questions and answers. We will be editing and orchestrating as we proceed. The first two weeks in Bradford will involve the primary collaborators in a process of refining the material and ideas in readiness for presentation and further exploration - and will be more 'private' - until the performance presentation.
The work undertaken in Bradford will be exposed and interrogated more publicly in the Wakefield section of the project. The two-day 'Open Playtime' at Yorkshire Dance will throw open the project to contributions from artists who choose to come and work with us.
The work in Wakefield will develop from the intensive research period in Bradford, therefore it is difficult to say precisely what form the wok will take. It will be taking place in public spaces and involve a lot of communication with members of the public - questions, informal performances, maps, charts, random journeys and explanations of our explorations so far…
This means that it will be self-publicising: it will engage with the curious and aim to attract passers-by into the journey and endeavours of the Ship o'Fools.
Text: for pr purposes: the Institute for Crazy Dancing: SHIPo'FOOLS: Only for the Curious… a crew from the ICD will be experimenting with charts, jigsaws, boat-building, paddling pools and silver foil for throughout Wakefield between 5th and 15th July 2010… Look out for precariously balanced planks.
Direct invitations to colleagues and collaborators, as well as mailings to NWY e-list and others will state something like this:
ICD : OPEN PLAYTIME : Ship o'Fools
The ICD invite musicians, dancers, clowns, actors, aerialists and composers (carpenters, designers, and other "randomly selected" professions and professors) to help piece together a performance jigsaw.
It will be two days of practical tasks and precarious balances exploring the ICD's latest research and development toward creating a performance puzzle boat…
Sometime between 5th and 15th July 2010 at Yorkshire Dance Centre (dates and place to be confirmed).
Participation is free, but places are limited.
Please email email@example.com requesting a place before June 30th.
BEYOND: The Future -
Following on from the evaluation meeting and drawing together all the strands of work, a report will be completed by the end of August 2010.
A marketing / information pack will also be produced which will be aimed at Theatres, Festivals, Funders and Producers. It will form the basis from which we hope to raise the finance and develop the partnerships which will enable Phase 2 of the project to commence.
- Aug 2010 - June 2011: Fundraising & partnership building: UK, Europe & Australia.
- July 2011 - Sept 2011: Building, Crafting and Creating the performance structure and content.
- Oct 2011 - Apr 2012: National and international touring.
- May 2012 - June 2012: Preparation of participatory performance journey structures and systems.
- July 2012 - Sept 2012: Tour festivals and specific sites, including full engagement with UK Cultural Olympiad.
to the funders, festivals and organisations who have made this project possible...
Please feel welcome to join us on our Facebook page...
First snap shots..
of the Life Boat...
Life Boat Touring...
a participatory installation...